Anchor of Hope exists to provide the HOPE of Christ to abandoned children in Romania.
Anchor of Hope believes that EVERY child deserves a FAMILY, not an institution, who accepts them regardless of age, race or disability. We believe that the family environment provides the best chance for them to see their HOPE in Christ.
We aspire to reach our vision by:
- Providing unconditional love, care and stable relationships for abandoned children living in hospitals and institutionalized settings
- Organizing annual therapeutic camps for children in orphanages as well as providing year-round Relational (TBRI) and play therapy for these children
- Providing support groups, trainings and counseling for orphanage caregivers as well as foster and adoptive parents
- Advocating for the rights of the abandoned children by supporting legislation changes in affiliation with other organizations as members of ARFO (Alliance Romania without Orphans)
- Placing children in placement/foster families